Our Commitment is a Global One
Fruit Patch is committed to sustainable business practices for one simple reason. It's the right thing to do. We believe our customers not only benefit from our "Taste First" approach but also from our common commitment to our planet.
Some of earth-friendly practices include:
- Wash water is reused for crop irrigation.
- We participate in a voluntary energy use
- Program, reducing our energy usage during peak demand periods.
- Our new ozone wash system and cold storage sanitation rooms are easier on the environment because there are no waste by-products.
- We utilize a fleet of full electric or natural gas forklifts reducing our carbon footprint.
- Our installation of motion-sensored lighting throughout our facility reduces our energy usage.
Venida Packing Company, a premium grower partner of Fruit Patch, recently received the California Growers Award in Climate Change for its installation of a state-of-the-art solar power generation field to fulfill the company's large power needs. This award honors "innovative and forward thinking projects/programs that, 1) reduce greenhouse gas emissions and mitigate the adverse effects of climate change on public health and our vast natural resources, and 2) provide economic and business-related benefit.